Monday, September 2, 2013

Nothing like a mini-heat wave to make you anticipate fall

Last Friday, it was so hot...I didn't eat anything until dinner. The whole day I just consumed liquids. Water, juice, water, iced coffee, and more water. Presently the daytime is still warm (low to mid-80s), but definitely manageable. I'm back to normal eating though I did have ice cream for dinner.

Today is Labor Day which signals the end of summer. This means fall, my favorite fashion season, is upon us. I mean who doesn't like sweaters, tights, and boots! Then fall has my favorite hues. I would say about 70% of my wardrobe is composed of blue and grey. I'm getting excited just thinking about it. 

Of course fall brings back my favorite tv shows. What am I most excited about? New Girl (15 days away!), Scandal (Scott Foley is now a regular!), How I met your Mother (cautiously optimistic), and other shows I can't remember because it has been too long. 

Then there is football. All predictions suggest the Chargers will be terrible this year. I begrudgingly agree because there is no evidence to suggest otherwise. However, I'm hopeful they will at least be watchable. After enjoying the Super Bowl last year (a superb football game where two brothers coached against each other using an impressive amount of psychological warfare), it made everyone wish great football games could happen every week. That will never occur, but the possibility makes the return of football most welcome. 

Finally, I have a couple of trips planned. The first is going to Las Vegas for Life is Beautiful Festival. My favorite band is The Killers and I've always dreamed of seeing them in Las Vegas. Throw in Imagine Dragons (whose song Demons is currently my favorite song) and Capital Cities it becomes the perfect 2013 festival lineup. It may also be a grand foodie experience with its culinary village. The festival is in downtown Las Vegas which I've never experienced. This will probably be the best way to enjoy Fremont Street. My second trip will be to NYC to visit my oldest friend. We met in kindergarten and need to celebrate 30 years of being friends...one year late. I haven't bought that ticket yet, but I will definitely fly out to see her this fall. We'll toast 30 years of friendship over some wine and delicious food. Maybe even a cronut or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment