Thursday, April 25, 2013

Beauty Finds: Wei Golden Root purifying mud mask

I have normal-oily skin which explains my youthful appearance. Being mistaken for a teenager can be alternating flattering and annoying. Now that I'm firmly in my mid-30s, mostly flattering. So I'm always on the lookout for different facial cleansers and masks. It is a fine line between cleansing and drying out one's skin especially as one gets older.

I received a Wei Golden Root purifying mud mask sample in a Birchbox. There was one pod (no brush, so I used my hands) which lasted me 3 masks. It smells lovely, a slight rose scent. The consistency is the perfect density which allows easy lathering yet solid enough to stay in place. It firms after 10 minutes. My skin was really nice post mask. It felt soft and smooth. 

(I know, a picture!!! :))

So what is Golden Root? Apparently it is a shrub found at high elevation (cold temperatures) and the Arctic (really cold temperatures). I couldn't find any chemical information about Golden root or the Wei Golden root mud mask. After using my entire Birchbox sample, I was very pleased with the results. It works really well. So well, that when I rated it a 4 out of 5 on its Birchbox page (you get points from Birchbox to rate products and those points can be converted to $$$ to buy items from Birchbox) and was filling out the questionnaire about the product...I realized I only had glowing things to write about the WEI Golden Root purifying mask. I really couldn't suggest any improvements. I then changed my 4 rating to a 5 rating. Perfection is hard to come by, especially in regards to beauty products, but this is darn close. 

No comments:

Post a Comment